Things To Know For 2020
Things you need to know to start 2020 . . .
Election Year. Those who want to legalize recreational marijuana are on the streets asking you, the voter, to sign a petition to put the measure back before voters on November 3. Here’s our answer to those efforts:
U.S. Supreme Court and Abortion. On March 4, the U.S. Supreme Court will consider the challenge to Louisiana’s law requiring that doctors who perform abortions have admitting privileges to a hospital within 30 miles of the abortion clinic. CAP filed an amicus brief with the Court along with Dr. James Dobson Family Institute and 24 other state family policy councils. Additionally, thank you to the 207 Members of Congress, including Arizona Representatives Andy Biggs, Paul Gosar, Debbie Lesko, and David Schweikert, for signing an amicus brief, and thank you, Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, for signing an amicus brief with other state attorney generals in support of the case. The Court should issue their opinion by the end of June. That decision could have significant ramifications on several Arizona pro-life laws.
- Pray with Us. On January 13, 7:00 – 8:30 a.m., CAP and Bridgebuilders will host our annual Prayer Walk at the Arizona State Capitol on the opening day of the new legislative session. Join us as we pray on the Senate and House floors and as we walk around the Capitol complex.
- March with Us. On Saturday, January 18, CAP will join thousands of Arizonans in the Arizona for Life March and Rally. Keynote speakers are Abby Johnson of Unplanned, Ryan Bomberger from the Radiance Foundation, and Arizona’s own Governor Doug Ducey. To commemorate the Arizona children lost to abortion, join me in purchasing Roses for Life.
- Love Your School Day at the Capitol. On March 3, 10:00 a.m. join parents for a special time at the Capitol celebrating school options in Arizona. Details to come.
- More on Election Year 2020.
- Arizona Primary: August 4
- General Election: November 3
ICYMI – Latest News & Articles of Interest
- Reviving the ERA: Using Women’s Rights to Undermine Women’s Rights by Kristen Waggoner in The Hill
- Decade in Review: Marital Norms Erode by Ryan T. Anderson and Dr. Robert P. George in USA Today.
- Arizona Likely to Gain Seat in Congress in 2020 by Howard Fischer in Arizona Capitol Times.
- The Sixth Circuit has ordered rehearing in a Cleveland abortion case, which was previously reported here: Sixth Circuit Ruling Bars Ohio Law Against Down Syndrome Abortions by Ed Whelan in National Review.
Stay connected and consider receiving additional publications by joining the CAP Network.