Current CAP Opportunities
Office Assistant- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Office Assistant/Receptionist
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
HOURS: Full-time, Monday-Friday, with occasional evening and weekend events.
COMPENSATION: Hourly plus excellent benefits.
The Office Assistant/Receptionist is to perform the duties needed in the areas of primary reception, general operations, administrative services, and all matters pertaining to the efficient operation of the CAP office. The position will be required to cross train with other administrative support staff in the organization.
- Serve as the primary receptionist by answering incoming phone calls and operating a multi-line telephone system.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and referring
- Pick-up and drop off mail at post office, process mail.
- Provide administrative support by anticipating needs and having a keen awareness of expectations with an ability to initiate relevant processes and procedures.
- Administrative duties include internet research, receiving and distributing incoming emails, processing outgoing mailings, reviewing incoming correspondence and maintaining
- General coordination of office functions, including kitchen and conference Maintaining a clean, safe, and welcoming environment.
- Assist in maintaining and organizing inventory supplies, then order and re-stock as needed.
- Assist in maintaining office equipment according to schedule.
- Provide backup assistance for IT needs of the organization, including phone system, computer hardware & software, setup, maintenance, and connectivity.
- May occasionally provide backup assistance in the gift entry, bank deposit, and receipting process.
- May occasionally provide backup assistance for Constituent Relations Management (CRM) database (Virtuous) by maintaining contacts, performing general database maintenance, and brand checking and inputting outgoing communications.
- Assist with preparations for organization-wide events, speaking engagements, and activities.
- Any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by our organization’s values.
Education and Experience
- Minimum two-year college-level education.
- Minimum two years of experience in administrative support.
- Experience in data entry and/or data management (CRM).
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Intermediate to advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Testing will be required.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, able to operate on a schedule, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively, thoroughly, and accurately.
- Self-starting, problem-solver, motivated daily by a passion to see our work advance.
- Ability to prioritize and achieve deadline goals without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to work with a team and provide assistance with special team projects.
- Thrive in and enjoy working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced work environment; highly efficient.
- Dependable, able to consistently follow instructions.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute (wpm), 75 wpm preferred.
- Ability to remain flexible with ever changing priorities
- Pleasant and professional demeanor, both in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Mature Evangelical Christian, currently attending a local Bible-believing church.
- Agreement with and adherence to CAP’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrated commitment to CAP’s mission and position on core issues. (see https://www.azpolicy.org/#mission).
- Ability to work discreetly with confidential data.
- High level of integrity, honesty, and confidentiality
- Commitment to continual improvement.
To apply send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate you are a mature Evangelical Christian and you agree with CAP’s mission and position on core issues. (see https://www.azpoilcy.org/#mission). Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Not seeing the right fit?
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate you are a mature Evangelical Christian and you agree with CAP’s mission and position on core issues.