If you are holding onto your early ballot, I urge you to fill it out and get it in the mail by Tuesday!
Our country and our state could look very different in less than two weeks. The Arizona legislature will have new members and new leaders, and the direction of our state will largely be determined by who is elected November 8.
We are in the middle of early ballot voting, and it is imperative that everyone fill out their ballot and mail it in. Although a contentious election season might tempt any voter to pass on this election, we can’t sit this one out.
Will the 2017 Arizona legislature continue to move forward with pro-life, pro-family legislation, or will there be a push to rollback the many gains that have been made over the last several years?
Will Arizonans wake up on November 9 with legalized recreational marijuana as the new norm for our state? If for no other reason, Prop 205 should be enough to bring voters to the polls or drop off early ballots with a No vote on this harmful measure.
Prop 205 goes far beyond decriminalizing recreational marijuana. It makes using it a legal right and with rights come extra protections, such as driving under the influence.
A recent Arizona Republic article detailed the many churches, pastors, and different religions that are speaking out against legalizing recreational marijuana. It reads, “These faiths are telling their members that Prop 205 would contribute to the decline of generations of children, jeopardize public safety, and sow the seeds of harder drug use.”
Evangelical, Catholic, and Mormon churches are sounding the alarm. One pastor is quoted, “All the churches see the dangers of it, and there comes a time that you have to speak up instead of remain silent. There’s a lot at stake.”
A lot is at stake. Prop 205:
- Makes high-potency marijuana-laced candy more accessible to children
- Doesn’t regulate marijuana like alcohol
- Misleads & deceives
- Would send Arizona down Colorado’s regretful path
- Would not fund schools, but would force local communities to accept pot shops
There is precious little time to waste. I need your help to influence the outcome of this election and defeat Prop 205!
Mail in your early ballot by Tuesday, November 1st, drop it off at the polls, or vote at the polls November 8th!
Other ways you can help and Be the Difference:
- Visit azvoterguide.com/prop205 to read the measure, access information on its effect, watch videos, and download resources.
- Share this email with your friends and family.
- Spread the word by talking to anyone within your circles about how Prop 205 threatens and harms the well-being and safety of children and society as a whole.
- Pray that Arizona voters will resoundingly reject Prop 205.
- Join us in prayer at the State Capitol on Sunday, November 6. Details here.
Participate in Focus on the Family’s 31 days of prayer throughout the month of October.