CAP-supported pro-life legislation needs YOUR help this week! The Mothers’ Health and Safety Act, HB 2036, sponsored by Representative Kimberly Yee will be heard on the Senate floor this week.
Planned Parenthood supporters have inundated legislators with attacks on this important legislation.
We need your help to counter these distortions with truth!
- Prohibits abortion after 20 weeks because of the safety risks to the mother and the pain endured by the preborn child.
- Ensures women have an ultrasound at least 24 hours prior to an abortion.
- Establishes an informed consent website which details the facts about fetal development, risks of abortion, and services available.
- Requires doctors performing surgical abortions to have admitting privileges at a hospital within thirty miles of the abortion facility.
- Informs women about perinatal hospice and other support options available in the event their child is diagnosed in utero with a disability.
Pro-life legislators need to hear from you! Even though this legislature has consistently voted pro-life, nothing can be taken for granted.
- Click here to contact your Senator to encourage them to stand strong for life! Thank them for their commitment to life, if applicable. If you’re not sure how your legislator has voted on pro-life legislation in the past, check out last year’s voting records here.
- Forward this email to a friend, encouraging them to stand for life.
- Pray for this and other CAP-supported legislation. Without the Lord, victory is impossible.
- Track the progress of all CAP-supported legislation on our Bill Tracker and Facebook Page.
Arizona has made immense progress recently to protect women and the preborn. Let’s keep the momentum going by showing our support for life this week!