WILL YOU PROTECT PRO-LIFE ARIZONA?
“I was 10-12 weeks pregnant at my abortion,” Tina Stephens recounts. “Having had a child prior, I wanted to see my sonogram.”
Tina was at the clinic because of an unexpected pregnancy—one she and her husband felt they could not afford. She repeatedly asked to see the ultrasound, but the nurse blocked her: “She physically forced me to lay back down . . . She even turned the screen away.”
No one at the clinic would answer Tina’s questions. She received no counseling, before or after. No one told her about the resources available to pregnant women. They wouldn’t even let her have the one, potentially lifesaving, glimpse of her unborn child.
“I would’ve given anything to have that . . . to have gotten to see my child and take time to process what was happening. I have nightmares and insomnia to this day.”
Tina was sedated without warning. She awoke in a room full of recliners with post-abortive girls slumped unconscious in every one. She was handed a doctor’s note stating she had “miscarried.” Then Tina staggered out the back door to her husband waiting in the car… and to years of grieving the child they lost that day.
Tina’s story of being deceived and coerced by abortionists is tragically commonplace. All around us, you can see a growing radical leftist assault on our deepest and most sacred values—even in Arizona, the state you and I call home.
THE LEFT’S GOAL FOR ARIZONA
Arizona is represented in the United States Senate by two supporters of unrestricted abortion. Two supposedly “moderate” progressives have voted to spend your taxpayer dollars on abortion, to restrict freedom, and family!
And secular progressives—including out-of-state billionaires—are pouring massive resources into the Grand Canyon State. They sense an opportunity to flip Arizona from its pro-life, pro-family, pro-religious freedom stance to one that is hostile toward religious liberty, has few, if any, restrictions on abortion, denies that there are two sexes, and drastically reduces educational freedom for families.
Arizona has become ground zero in the Left’s campaign to force its anti-family, anti-life, anti-liberty agenda on the entire nation.
Their goal? To make Arizona a state in which:
- Abortions are permitted and taxpayer-funded through all nine months of pregnancy.
- Hospital and healthcare workers who have religious objections to abortion are forced to participate in, or even perform, abortions.
- Young women athletes are forced to compete with biological boys who think they are girls.
- Sexual and gender “identity laws” force businesspeople to violate their own religious principles … or else be driven out of business.
We cannot let this happen!
This is a battle for the future and for our families. It’s a fight you and I cannot afford to lose. For if we do, our children and grandchildren will grow up in a state whose moral and legal climate is informed by Hollywood values and anti-religious prejudice.
WHAT WE ARE FIGHTING FOR
Now’s the time to take advantage of the opportunities we do have and to stave off the threats we face. In 2022, we successfully advocated for new measures that included:
- Granting every child in Arizona access to Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA), setting the national standard for educational choice and parental rights
- Granting parents the right to all medical and educational records of their children while also requiring parental consent before any survey is given to their child.
- Protecting children from the harmful physical and emotional consequences of gender reassignment surgery.
In 2023, we must capitalize on our razor-thin advantages in the state House to advance a more pro-life and family-friendly Arizona. The Arizona Senate has 16 pro-life senators to 14 pro-abortion senators. The Arizona House is at 31 to 29. This year, it’s been a daily fight to advocate for pro-life measures.
Now, in 2023, we are fighting to:
- Defend Arizona’s pro-life laws, including its pre-Roe law that protects life from the moment of conception.
- Protect our gains against radical gender ideology—including the right of women and girls to their privacy in locker rooms and bathrooms, as well as a level playing field free from boys who think they are girls.
- And more…
We have no room for error—no room for complacency.
HOW TO SUPPORT US
Working together through Center for Arizona Policy, you and I can preserve and extend our gains and keep Arizona a bastion of pro-family, pro-life policy..
We can only achieve these victories if we have the support of good people like you. Without sufficient resources, family-friendly forces will be thrown back on the defensive against the well-funded and fanatically anti-family Left.
Center for Arizona Policy isn’t funded by out-of-state billionaires. We rely upon principled Arizonans like you for support.
Will you join us?
Your tax-deductible contribution today of $25, $50, $100, $250, or even $1,000 will defend our families, our freedoms, and the future of Arizona.
So please—imagine an Arizona where Tina never chose abortion because she and her husband know the truth and have access to the resources they lack.
. . . Imagine an Arizona where Tina’s house is filled with the pitter-patter of two more feet because Tina and her husband chose life for their child . . . an Arizona where that tiny child’s precious life is protected by our laws.
You can help make this Arizona a reality. Together we can advance the protection of all life in our state.
Will you make Arizona a state where all life is considered sacred and protected by joining Center for Arizona Policy with a tax-deductible gift of $25, $50, $100, $250, $1,000, or even more?
Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) is a nonprofit advocacy group whose mission is to promote and defend the foundational values of life, marriage and family, and religious freedom.