Ten days in the Pacific Northwest. Ten days in Washington, D.C. My summer is off to a great start! I hope yours is also.
While in D.C., I attended the Susan B. Anthony List’s Campaign for Life Gala. SBA List, one of the nation’s premier pro-life groups, dedicates its work to ending abortion by advocating for laws that save lives, with a special calling to promote pro-life women leaders. At Center for Arizona Policy (CAP), we consider SBA List to be one of our closest allies.
The evening’s highlight featured a 40-minute talk by President Donald J. Trump. While we’ve had other presidents voicing support for pro-life policies, President Trump is on track to become our most pro-life President.
Consider SBA’s List of Trump Administration Leadership and Pro-life Victories:
- Appointed originalist Judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court
- Permitted states to defund Planned Parenthood of Title X funds
- Stopped federal tax dollars from funding organizations that perform abortion overseas
- Defunded the pro-abortion United Nations Population Fund of U.S. tax dollars
- Enforced Obamacare requirements that insurers disclose if plans cover abortion
- Granted relief to religious and moral objectors from HHS abortifacient mandate
- Appointed pro-life personnel to key administration positions
- Created new Conscience and Religious Freedom Division at Health and Human Services
- Called on Congress to send the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act to his desk
- Became the first President in history to directly address the annual March for Life
As SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser wrote following the event:
It was an honor to have President Trump join us tonight, and his encouraging words were warmly received. The president’s keynote address to hundreds of dedicated pro-life advocates from around the country marks a watershed moment in the history of our cause. President Trump has embraced the pro-life movement as his own. True to his word, he is governing as the most pro-life president our nation has ever seen. He has been a fighter and a champion for unborn children, their mothers, and pro-life taxpayers, and his administration has made unprecedented gains for life. With President Trump leading the charge and the pro-life grassroots energized by his agenda, we are closer than ever to ending the injustice of abortion and restoring a society that protects every mother and child.
Another special treat of the evening was sitting with Arizona Congressman Andy Biggs and newly-elected Arizona Congresswoman Debbie Lesko, both dear friends from their days as state legislators.
Be encouraged. Listen to President Trump’s remarks. The cause and mission of standing for preborn children and their mothers marches forward stronger than ever.
More D.C. Highlights
Other highlights of my time in D.C. included hearing in person various national leaders speak to key cultural issues, as well as our walk of faith during these times. I hope you’ll take time to listen. You’ll be challenged and inspired.
- Wilberforce Weekend by the Colson Center for Christian Worldview featured these outstanding talks:
- Eric Metaxas on What is calling?
- John Stonestreet on how each one of us is “Called to Create, Confront, to Care.”
- Watchmen on the Wall Conference by Family Research Council had over 300 pastors in attendance:
- Kay Arthur (scroll to the sixth video) exhorting all believers to stand true to God’s Word, an exceptional message.
- Josh McDowell (scroll to the fifth video) challenging pastors to be pure. Download five free extensive research documents on the pornography epidemic at https://www.josh.org/resources/apologetics/research/
Stay connected and consider receiving additional publications by joining the CAP Network. You will receive CAP president Cathi Herrod’s weekly 5 Minutes for Families email, along with occasional Breaking News, Action Alerts and Special Communications.