Latest News & Articles of Interest
- In today’s The Briefing, Albert Mohler discusses the pervasiveness of the sexual revolution in our culture, pointing to the pornographic revolution led by Hugh Hefner and the lie at the heart of “Banned Books Week.” He also recommends the book Wired for Intimacy: How Pornography Hijacks the Male Brain by William M. Struthers.
- State legislators from around the country sent a letter to President Trump urging him to direct the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services to reverse Obamacare guidance requiring states to fund Planned Parenthood and to instead issue guidance allowing states to disqualify Planned Parenthood from their Medicaid program. Arizona legislators signing the letter include Senators Nancy Barto, Sylvia Allen, Gail Griffin, John Kavanagh, Steve Smith, Debbie Lesko, Steven B. Yarbrough, Kimberly Yee, Warren Peterson, and Representatives Jill Norgaard, David Livingston, Vince Leach, Drew John, Kevin Payne, Paul Mosley, David Cook, Paul Boyer, Ben Toma, Darin Mitchell, John Allen, Kelly Townsend, Jay Lawrence, Don Shooter, Travis Grantham, and Mark Finchem.
- “Surrogacy Reaches the Supreme Court” from Public Discourse
- “Michigan Tolerates Faith-Based Adoption Agencies, the ACLU Sues” from National Review
- “Is the Church Ready to Respond to ‘Christian’ Polyamory?” from The Gospel Coalition
- “Nerve implant ‘restores consciousness’ to man in persistent vegetative state” from The Guardian.
- “Hugh Hefner Did Not Live the Good Life” by Russell Moore