- Gov. Ducey and A.G. Brnovich Respond to Planned Parenthood Video
- Históricamente Trágico: La Corte Suprema Dice que las Mamás y los Papás No Son Necesarios
- Historically Tragic: Supreme Court says moms and dads are unnecessary
- Governor Ducey Signs Pro-Life Legislation!
- Governor Ducey signs legislation to help churches
- Poll Finds Majority Support for Religious Freedom and Voter-Approved Definition of Marriage
- How did they vote?
- Find the Facts: CAP Reboots The Policy Pages with Interactive Website
- BREAKING NEWS: New AZ Abortion Clinic Regulations Released Today
- Mother’s Health & Safety at Risk: Supreme Court Will Not Hear Critical Law
BREAKING NEWS: Senators McCain & Flake Break Their Promise to Arizona Voters
Statement from Center for Arizona Policy President Cathi Herrod on the U.S. Senate’s Passage of ENDA
PHOENIX – “It is deeply disappointing and shocking to see Senator John McCain and Senator Jeff Flake break their promise to Arizona voters to oppose the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA).
ENDA is a false bill of goods: while it claims to end discrimination, this bill in fact fosters discrimination against business owners and employers with sincerely held religious beliefs. The adopted Portman Amendment did nothing to address this core concern.
Yet, just as troubling as the fact that the bill passed, is that both of Arizona’s Senators voted for this bill, despite having told Arizona voters when running for office that they would oppose this legislation in their azvoterguide.com surveys:
Senator John McCain’s 2010 azvoterguide.com survey (See question 10)
Senator Jeff Flake’s 2012 azvoterguide.com survey (See question 8 and note on page 2)
ENDA compromises our first freedom – to practice our faith, free from government interference. This legislation creates an environment where government mandates compel business owners and employers to choose between their faith and their chosen profession.”
For more information, contact Aaron Baer, 330.219.1792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center for Arizona Policy promotes and defends the foundational values of life, marriage and family, and religious liberty. For more information, visit azpolicy.org.