- ACTION ALERT: Ask the Cottonwood City Council to say No! to Civil Unions
- Your Congressmen Need to Hear From You on ENDA!
- Action Alert: Sen. McCain & Sen. Flake Need to Hear From You!
- ACTION ALERT: It's time to vote!
- ACTION ALERT: Early Voting Begins for City Elections!
- ACTION ALERT: City Election Voter Guides are Here!
- URGENT ACTION ALERT: Pro-life Bill At Risk
- SB 1178 Is Almost There!
- Phoenix City Council Passes Bathroom Bill 5-3
- Say No to the Bathroom Bill
Phoenix City Council Passes Bathroom Bill 5-3
Despite the mountain of legal testimony highlighting the numerous constitutional, moral, and ethical problems with the law, the Council, led by Mayor Greg Stanton, forced the vote through.
Make no mistake, the actions by the Council last night severely limit the religious freedom rights of everyone in the city of Phoenix. Furthermore, as evidenced by the impact of similar legislation across the county, the Bathroom Bill has serious negative implications for the safety of women and children.
At this time, Center for Arizona Policy is assessing the impact and what next steps to take in order to protect the residents of Phoenix from this deceitfully crafted law.
Yet it is important to acknowledge those on the Council who saw through the mischaracterizations of our opponents and voted against the Bathroom Bill. In the face of overwhelming criticism from a hostile crowd, three Council members said "No" to this ill-conceived provision.
Please take a moment to thank Councilmen Sal DiCiccio and Jim Waring, and Vice Mayor Bill Gates for doing what's right and standing up against this politically motivated change to the ordinance: