5 Minutes for Families
- Special Announcement: Dr. Del Tackett in Phoenix and Tucson!
- Pope Francis in America
- Planned Parenthood and Sexual Predators
- Kim Davis
- Local Governments Threaten Freedom
- Chick-fil-A Under Assault Again: Religious Freedom Update
- Arizona Responds to Those Videos
- What Planned Parenthood doesn't want the court to know
- Next 3 Steps in AZ to #DefundPP
- Del Tackett's New Project
Speak out for Religious Liberty!
In our country, all Americans should be free to live and work according to their faith. It’s a simple principle that is rooted in the foundation of our nation.
Yet the assault on religious liberty grows every day, and Americans are being told to leave their faith at home when they enter the workforce or start a business.
That’s why CAP’s top legislative priority is to strengthen Arizona’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act. SB 1062 and HB 2153 are vital bills to protect every Arizonan’s free exercise of religion.
These identical pieces of legislation are moving through the state House and Senate. If enacted, they would:
- Clarify that people do not surrender their religious freedom rights just because they go to work or run a business. This provision would help protect businesses like Hobby Lobby that wish to operate according to their faith.
- Ensure that you are properly able to defend yourself in court if private parties try to use the force of government to coerce you into violating your religious beliefs. The infamous Elane Photography case exposed the need for this fix when a wedding photographer was fined nearly $7,000 for declining to take photos of a same-sex wedding. Because of an ambiguity in New Mexico law, Elaine Huguenin was unable to fully assert her religious freedom rights. These bills would clarify that same ambiguity in Arizona law.
These bills are facing unprecedented and absurd attacks from our opponents. The distortions about these bills amount to irresponsible fear mongering, with the sole intent of silencing the voices of reason and truth…and limiting you to only exercising your faith within the four walls of your church rather than to have the freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment to freely exercise your religious beliefs in all walks of life.
Sadly, some in the media are all too happy to go along with some of the ridiculous attacks on these bills, instead of focusing on the true impact of SB 1062 and HB 2153.
We need your help to encourage your legislators to support these bills. Religious liberty cannot be taken for granted, and it is essential that you contact your legislators today!
- Send a short note to your legislators. Take five minutes today to click here to send a note. We’ll provide you with talking points to help you craft your message.
- Forward this email to five friends. It is critical that we fight the distortions about these bills. Help us spread the word!
- Share this Action Alert on Facebook and Twitter.
- Pray! Without God’s hands over this important work, nothing is possible.